The Board Member Academy
A step-by-step guide to higher performance and impact.
Our spotlight course is designed for CEOs/Executive Directors, Board Chairs and those who are interested in leadership positions on not-for-profit, for-impact boards.
Six weeks. Eighteen lessons.Get Started
Week One: Governance as Leadership.
- Governance as Leadership.
- The Four Unique Functions of Boards.
- Roles, Responsibilities and Systems/Processes.
- Common Mistakes that Boards Make, and How to Avoid Them.
Week Two: Critical Roles.
- The Role of the Chair.
- The Role of the Executive Director.
- The Constructive and Critical Partnership.
Week Three: Board Alignment.
- Board Alignment: Roles, Responsibilities, and Structures.
- Board Alignment: Strategic Planning and Results.
- Board Alignment: Agenda and Work Plans.
Week Four: Intentional Practices.
Intentional Practices: Effective Meetings. Building the Team.
Intentional Practices: Strategic Plans and Policies.
Intentional Practices: Inquiry, Transparency, Communication.
Week Five: Sustainability and Success.
Assuring Sustainable Resources; Advocacy, Influence, Networks.
Measuring Success: Key Success Factors and Performance Indicators.
Legal and Fiduciary Responsibleness.
Week Six: Continual Improvement.
Board Reviews and Assessments.
Board Development and Revitalization.
Bringing It All Together.